We are looking for a Content Editor to support our regional content management and administration in Central America, Mexico, and The Caribbean. The position will work closely with our graphic designer and the regional communications manager to enhance the value of a set of written materials and websites.
The position will be located preferably in Mexico or Honduras, but we’re accepting applications also from Guatemala and Nicaragua.
The Content Editor will be responsible for all aspects of content, which includes development, production, presentation, evaluation, and analysis. The selected person will use data and feedback from Programme Managers to help evaluate and enhance the value of a set of written materials and websites.
The Content Editor will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Communications Manager to develop the content strategy, and very closely with our graphic designer to create cohesive, branded messaging. The selected person will also produce material for publication via diverse channels, so he/she must possess excellent writing and editing skills, as well as understand the special considerations for writing for the Web and the wide variety of devices that can access the Internet.
This position requires good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all the team members at a regional level. He/she must also be highly organized and detail-oriented and may supervise contributors who provide inputs, as well.
Content Writer responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, creating and editing information on websites, intranet, and printed materials (this includes organizing, modifying and updating existing content)
- Conduct thorough research on industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies) generate ideas for new content types and verifying content before publishing
- Write clear copy to promote our products/services
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, and syntax
- Submit work to the manager for input and approval
- Coordinate with graphic design to illustrate articles
- Analyze data and analytics to increase reader engagement and retention, knowledge of SEO, and industry best practices.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, and tone must follow our in-house style guide)
- Translate content English-Spanish and Spanish-English
- Availability to occasionally travel in the region
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Degree in mass communications, journalism, English or another related field
- Fully bilingual (English-Spanish). Very persuasive, with an excellent command of the English language
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity
- Good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with a multicultural and distributed team, and collaborate to come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience(s) in mind
- Good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and manage a busy workload according to deadlines
- Knowledge of copyright and privacy regulations
- Ideally some knowledge or interest in development, international cooperation, climate change, food production, and gender.
- Portfolio of published articles
- Knowledge of G-Suite and CMS
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Willingness to take on new challenges as the organization evolves and opportunities emerge
- Willingness to travel locally and regionally
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a complex and demanding environment
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work legally in the specified country
- Experience in social media, photography, or videography would be a significant plus!
What we offer
- Competitive NGO salary and benefits
- Flexibility to operate
- A fast-paced and exciting work environment, in a small but highly motivated and growing team
- Continuous learning within an innovative organization; significant professional growth and the opportunity to make a real difference in the world
- Opportunity to engage in multiple regional and global networks of high professional relevance
Mexico or Honduras, but we’re accepting applications also from Guatemala and Nicaragua.
If you’re interested in delivering quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract partners, and boost brand awareness, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Interested? Send your English language CV, motivation letter, personal references, and salary history or expectations to the attention of Regional Communications Manager Valery Cohn at @solidaridadnetwork.org by May 30th 2020. Mention the position title “Content Editor” in the subject line. CVs without motivation letters will not be considered. Writing samples in English and Spanish are encouraged in your application. Please note, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Solidaridad Network is an international civil society organization, present in 37 countries, that focuses on sustainable supply chains and poverty alleviation through inclusive economies. We focus on the development of value chains of global importance where changes have a significant impact: coffee, tea, cocoa, fruits & vegetables, textiles, cotton, soy, palm oil, sugarcane, gold, and livestock. We leverage our supply chain expertise and multi-stakeholder approach to develop and implement interventions for integrated landscape management.
Solidaridad Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean have offices in Guatemala City (GT), San Cristóbal de las Casas and Tampico (MX), La Ceiba (HN), and Managua and El Rama (NI). We also work in El Salvador, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic.
For more information on our vision, mission and programs please see www.solidaridadnetwork.org.